Government procurement significantly contributes to the economic growth and development of the Philippines. According to the Government Procurement Policy Board (GPPB), public procurement can comprise 10-20% of the gross domestic product (GDP).
This presents a game-changing opportunity for businesses of all sizes, offering a chance at lucrative contracts, increased revenue, and expansion possibilities. The first step involves registering on the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System (PhilGEPS) to take advantage of these options.
Read on to learn more about PhilGEPS registration, how it works, and how you can obtain a certificate for your business.
What is PhilGEPS and How Does It Work?
The PhilGEPS is an electronic platform that streamlines government procurement processes. Its primary purpose is to facilitate transparency, efficiency, and accessibility in public procurement.
By registering on PhilGEPS, businesses gain visibility to government agencies, which opens the door to potential business opportunities in the top industries through government contracts.
Some of the notable advantages of being a registered PhilGEPS supplier include the following:
- Access to government bid opportunities: Registering as a supplier enables participation in competitive government project bidding, enhancing contract-winning potential with adequate working capital.
- Visibility to government agencies: Registering exposes your business to various government departments, boosting reputation and credibility in public procurement.
- Expansion opportunities: By securing government contracts, your business can experience significant growth and expansion, enabling you to reach new heights.
To obtain government procurement benefits, secure a PhilGEPS Certificate of Registration. This legitimizes you as a supplier and allows engagement in the procurement process.
How to Get a PhilGEPS Certificate of Registration
To start with PhilGEPS, you need to obtain a Certificate of Registration, which comes in two types: Red and Platinum memberships.
A Red registration for PhilGEPS is the first step towards becoming a supplier on the platform. It provides primary utilization of government bid opportunities. However, you can’t submit bids directly; you can only do so through a Bids and Awards Committee (BAC) representative.
Here’s how you can apply for a Red Membership through PhilGEPS online registration:
Requirements for PhilGEPS registration
- Email address
- A bank account
- Company Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) permit
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) certification or Cooperative Development Authority (CDA) registration details
- Any other documents that legitimize your business
Before applying for the Red membership, you must enroll as a merchant on the PhilGEPS website. To sign up as a merchant:
- Click “Sign Up” on the PhilGEPS home page and select “Merchant Registration.”
- Fill in all relevant details on the form.
- Obtain a One-Time Password (OTP) in your provided email address.
- Once verified, go to the membership dashboard with your new login credentials.
For your Red membership PhilGEPS online registration:
- Log into your PhilGEPS dashboard and click “Apply for Red Registration.”
- Fill in all relevant details on the form and upload all required documents.
- Check if all information is correct and click “Submit.”
- Wait for the government to process your registration.
A Platinum membership offers additional benefits and higher visibility among government agencies. It’s a step above the Red Membership, further boosting your chances of securing government contracts.
Requirements for PhilGEPS registration:
- Business registration certificate
- Business or mayor’s permit or other equivalents
- Tax clearance certificate
- If applicable, your Philippine Contractors Accreditation Board (PCAB) license and registration
- Audited financial statements
- Accompanied sworn statement as required by the GPPB
You can only get a Platinum membership if you already have a Red membership. To upgrade to Platinum:
- Log into your PhilGEPS dashboard and navigate to the “Pending Tasks” tab.
- Look for “Upgrade Platinum Registration” and click the number under the “Count” category to open the registration form.
- Fill out all relevant information and upload all documents required.
- Ensure all information is accurate and correct, and continue to the next section.
- Choose how to pay your PhilGEPS registration fee of ₱5,000. You can pay through the PhilGEPS office cashier or any Landbank branch.
- Make your payment and upload your receipt.
- Submit the form and wait for the government to validate your registration.
Renewing your Platinum membership is crucial to maintaining your competitive edge and maximizing your chances in government procurement. It ensures uninterrupted access to government bid opportunities and strengthens your position as a reputable supplier.
Once your membership expires, you revert to the Red membership. To renew your Platinum membership, visit the PhilGEPS portal. Make sure your registration requirements are updated before resubmission.
Secure Your Business Future
Having a PhilGEPS Certificate of Registration offers numerous benefits. It grants exposure to government bid openings, increases visibility with government agencies, and fosters potential business expansion. This strategic move can unlock new avenues of success.
In your business growth journey, financing is crucial. Whether you have a PhilGEPS membership or not, Zenith Capital supports your endeavors with its online lending solutions in the Philippines.
As a leading provider of SME loans and business loans in the Philippines, Zenith Capital understands the unique financial requirements of various industries. Our platform simplifies acquiring the necessary funds for your company, guiding you through ever-changing loan trends and creating a solid business plan for your company’s future.
Rizza Templonuevo is not just an accomplished finance professional and business leader, but also a loving wife and a dedicated mother of two. With a passion for helping businesses grow and thrive, she brings her extensive knowledge and expertise as Vice President of Zenith Capital Credit Group Corporation to help countless SMEs and corporations across the Philippines access the financing they need to succeed.
When she’s not busy with work, Rizza enjoys immersing herself in the worlds of fashion and social events, as well as traveling to new and exciting places.